The Preferences window displays the following configuration options for Install and Update Manager:
- Set automatic or manual product and tax form updates
- Set automatic Install and Update Manager launch at Windows log in
- Change the location for product downloads
- Change the current account number to update the list of licensed products
To use the Preferences window, do the following:
- Click Preferences on the navigation panel.
- Set your preferences. Explain the options.
- Every day
- Every Sunday
- Every Monday
- Every Tuesday
- Every Wednesday
- Every Thursday
- Every Friday
- Every Saturday
- Install updates automatically (recommended). Automatically installs updates when available on the selected day and time.
Axcessapplications that are running during the scheduled day and time will not be updated.
- Automatic updates require administrator privileges.
- Notify me when updates are available. Displays a notification when updates are available on the selected day and time.
- Click Change Account Number on the button bar to change the current account number to update the list of licensed products.
- Click Save to save your changes or Close to undo your changes.
|Check for updates automatically (recommended)||Automatically checks for application updates and updated tax forms according to a specified schedule. The default selection is every day at 5:00 AM.
Time values are available in HH:MM AM/PM format.
If you select to check for updates automatically, select one of the following:
|Automatically install any available updates when I launch CCH
When you launch CCH
If this option is not selected, CCH
|System tray icon||Launches Install and Update Manager and displays the product icon in your system tray when you log in to your computer.|
|Save files to||Saves product downloads to the specified folder.|
|Always ask me where to save files||Displays the Browse for Folder window each time you download products.|
|Check for updates to AD synchronization component||
Downloads updates to the active directory synchronization component.
Note: This section displays only if the active directory synchronization component is installed.
|Restore Default Preferences||Restores the default preferences for Install and Update Manager.|